Happy Tuesday!
I feel like it should be Thursday already because I'm so tired, but it was super overcast this morning, so that's probably it. Sounds like a job for Captain Starbucks.
This past weekend, I got all my meals planned (healthy ones, to boot!), workouts planned, and planned all my outfits for the week. It took too long- I need to get faster at that process. Anyway, it got done, and I've actually followed it! That's sometimes the more challenging part.
Last night, I made my first (yes, first) roast chicken. I used this recipe from Women's Health Magazine. I'm sure many of you are roast chicken pros by now, but I have a seriously irrational fear of e. coli and salmonella (thanks, Mom) that no amount of bleach could make me feel better about. I hate touching meat. Any meat.... at all. So that's probably why I try to avoid it at all costs. I eat meat, but I hate the texture of raw meat. Anyway, out of great love for my husband, I have tried to include some form of meat with most of our meals. Last night's chicken took FOREVER to cook, probably because I opened the oven door to make sure it wasn't burning. Note to self: in the next apartment we rent, make sure oven has a light. But when it was finally done, it was very tasty! Almost like a rotisserie chicken, but without the extra butter. Hubby even had thirds! And he assured me that they were not pity thirds.
I love doing so much in the morning and on weekends to make myself ready for the week. It makes my evenings very low stress, which is awesome! I have made it to the gym at 6 both Monday and Tuesday. I was home by 7:10 both days, and had plenty of time to shower, eat, and get ready for the day. I hate being rushed, so this may very well be my solution for fitting in workouts and having time to make a great dinner every night. It helps so much that two other friends are meeting me at the gym. I love having friends there!
No herb garden yet, but that's okay, since I plan on having time this weekend to do that.
By the way, my 12 month old nephew just started walking yesterday, and I can't help but gush. He is seriously the cutest kid. He was so proud of himself, too.



No comments:
Post a Comment